Quality over Quantity

In any sector of life, people almost always prefer quality over quantity.

"I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies," kind of vibe. 

I could agree, quality is much better than quantity in almost everything and goes hand-in-hand with being present-- just what I am working on. 
But what about the moment your life changes in a split second? The move doesn't quite pan out the way we planned, the job didn't come through as you hoped, bad test results. Does quality really outweigh quantity when it comes to time spent? 

I have been reading this book, Anxious for Nothing, by Matt Lucado (10/10 recommend picking it up the next time you're out). Last night, I read something that took a grip on me. In this section of the book, it was talking about God giving Paul an assignment to carry the Gospel into Rome. It goes on to talk about how Paul knew he would survive sharing the Gospel in a land that it was forbidden in, 

because God doesn't start something without the intent to finish it. 

Paul knew if he wasn't in Rome, sharing the great news, God wasn't done and he would survive anything that got in his way. It's the next piece that rattled me to my core: Most of us don't have a clear message like Paul's, but: 

we do have the assurance that we will not live one day less than we are supposed to live. 

If God has work for you to do, he will keep you alive to do it. THIS has been such a light for me, just in one day. Let me give you a few reasons:

1. If we wake up in the mindset the Lord has work for us to do, you can't tell me you don't have a purpose on this earth.
2. In light of any bad news about the broken world we live in, bad health, or politics, we can apply that simple statement to it. 

This brought to light that our days have been numbered since before we were BORN. Let that sink in. I personally am amazed that the Lord can write our date of birth AND the date, time, second, we leave this earth in the same moment. 

So which is better, quality or quantity?

  If our quantity of days on earth are numbered from the moment we were conceived, then wouldn't our jobs on earth be to bring the quality to those days? 

It really makes you think about how you spend your days, that is for sure! I hope that these late night blog rambles hit home for at least 1 reader.. If it does, it's a success in my book. 

Until next time,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wheels up in 8 D A Y S

Update from across the pond!